Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Allow me to re-introduce myself...


Congratulations!

If you are reading this you have accidentally stumbled upon my very first blog, or you’re a member of my family and I’ve forced you into this.

My name is Tiffanie, but you can call me ‘Mrs. J. Bitty.’  That’s right, ladies and gents, I’m a 20-something, going-on-almost- 4 years-of- marital-bliss, not-so-old broad with a blog.

About a week or so ago I was toying with the idea of entering the blog-o-sphere because…
 a. Everyone is doing it (Haha – just kidding! But really everyone and their mom have a blog and now that includes me!)
 b. I decided that 2013 was going to be MY year and I wanted to share my journey with everyone or pretend I’m sharing it with everyone, depending on who is going to read this.   

Those closest to me know that my whole life was turned upside-down in 2010 when I lost two very important people in my life in a matter of weeks. After many a nights of crying and 40 lbs. later I knew this is not what my life should be at such a young age. I had lost the fun-loving, always laughing, confident Tiffanie to this hermit of a girl who just wanted to stay home and eat lime chips. But dammit, I’m back and I have a completely different outlook on life and I can’t wait to share it with everyone (or whoever partakes in my blog).  

January 1st of this year (and every other January 1st prior to 2013) my resolution, like everyone else’s, was to lose weight. My plan was to eat right, exercise and lose those pesky lbs. that I had gained over the last two years. Well, guess what - It’s March 6, 2013 and I am still eating right and working out 5x a week like a boss.

From my heaviest weight back in Jan. 2012 I am down a total of 18lbs, and 10 of those being within in the last month and a half. I’m hoping to reach my goal weight or be within 7-10lbs of my goal weight by the time Mr. J. Bitty and I head to Hawaii in late May for an early 4 year anniversary vacay.

I still have a good chunk of chub to lose before then, but I’m surprisingly having a really fun time on this journey. I count my calories using the ‘Lose It!’ app on my phone. Most people use ‘MyFitnessPal’, but I’ve tried both and prefer the setup of ‘Lose It!’ even though they’re basically the same (at least I think so). I am also a newly self-proclaimed Zumba addict – I just can’t get enough! I had done Zumba in the past, but didn’t have the motivation I have now. Let me tell you, a day I go without shaking my thang in Zumba is not a good day for me.

Before I wrap up this post, I just want to clarify that this isn't just another fitness blog. Yes, I will be documenting my journey to my goal weight, and yes, that was the motivation to get me to blog. But it’s also about my life as a 26-year old married woman who is rediscovering who she is after two years of completely losing herself to things she had no control over. 

I hope you enjoy!

Until next time,

Mrs. J. Bitty

No comments:

Post a Comment